Buying a luxury log home could be a dream come true. When you think of sleigh rides through the fresh winter snow or spending your weekends skiing or snowboarding on the slopes, hiking, hunting perhaps or fishing in a pristine clear river, you will need somewhere to call home. The first step is to find the perfect location, next, make your wish list for all those creature comforts that you would like to have in your new luxury log home.
So, what are the “must haves” in a luxury log cabin or home?
- The Kitchen. As everyone knows, the kitchen is the center and heart of a home and top of the line appliances are a must. Brands like Bosch, Wolf, Vet-A-Hood and Sub-Zero will make any meal a chefs delight and preparation on multiple surfaces leaves ample space for others to enjoy.
- A Master Bedroom with its own en-suite is a place to relax and rejuvenate, so include a large soaking tub and a separate shower, preferably one with a rain shower head for that unique shower experience. A separate sitting area next to picture windows with scenic mountain views, and a fireplace for those crisp nights, make for a perfect place to curl up with a good book. A true getaway space from a busy life.
- Energy efficient products and green features are luxury’s newest status symbols, so incorporating new technologies like solar, geothermal and wind turbines is a smart choice. Using natural and reclaimed materials along with structural insulated panels like 42 SIP & 52 SIP is a smart choice to take advantage of years of low utilities and running costs. Green properties use less energy and also reduce carbon emissions.
- A Home Theater System is the next must have. The theater should be one that can provide the full cinematic experience and a Black Diamond 142-inch screen will enable you to achieve that. Combine it with 7.1 Surround Sound, THX certified speakers, Pioneer and Sony components, seating for you and all your family and friends, and you will never want to pay to go to the movies again!
- Location and Views; the final element that will make all the difference. Being located to multiple outdoor activities provides lifestyle and golf is the penultimate for many. Add to that the ultimate outdoor experience from hiking trails and fishing, to mountain biking and the ski slopes and you have everything at your finger tips. What could be more enjoyable? Possibly having the Rocky Mountains at your doorstep? Colorado’s Rocky Mountains are one of the top vacation destinations in the United States offering both summertime and wintertime activities.
If this sounds like the luxury log home you would love to call your own, the good news is that it can be. On October 25, 2012, the luxury real estate auction company, Supreme Auctions will be selling the ultimate in Luxury Log Homes, 119 Elk Meadows Drive near Winter Park, Colorado. Selling with No Reserve, this 14,773 square foot eco friendly log home sits on almost three acres with breathtaking views of the Continental Divide and a backdrop of the slopes of Winter Park Ski Resort. It features six bedrooms, seven baths and is selling fully furnished.
For more details and complete information on the auction property, please contact 866-929-2243.